WHAT IS EWGA?
The EWGA (Executive Women’s Golf Association) is a not-for-profit organization existing to provide opportunities for women to learn, play, and enjoy the game of golf. We are about: fun, friendship, networking, skill development, professional achievement, personal growth among businesswomen.....among friends!
Since its inception in 1991, the EWGA has grown from its inaugural group of 28 members to an international network of nearly 20,000 members in 120 chapters. The average chapter size is 158 members. Our Long Island chapter, which started in 1999, has over 900 members making us the largest chapter in the world!The goals of EWGA are:
1. To provide premier programs for EWGA members in golf education, player skill development, organized play, and in learning to use golf in business.
2. To provide timely and valued benefits and services to EWGA members and volunteer leaders.
3. To promote the growth of women’s golf.
4. To be an advocate for positive change on issues of importance to women golfers.
Our Long Island chapter is run by volunteers, from our Board of Directors to our 200-plus members who volunteer on various committees or just for a day. Our volunteer opportunities help us to stretch skills, develop new ones, bond with women in leadership roles, and contribute directly to making a difference in women’s lives. The Long Island Chapter currently has 13 weekly leagues (Tuesday-Sunday) of varying ability levels (beginner, intermediate and advanced). We also offer clinics, outings, social events, and golf schools. Clinics run throughout the year at various locations and for varying levels of ability. All of our communication is through email and website postings.
1. Optional free handicap with membership via GLMS (Golf Life Management System).
2. The EWGA Championship is not only the largest women’s amateur golf tournament, but it’s the only one that has flights for players of all skill levels. All flights are competitive and exciting, with the national champion in the 4th Flight just as proud of her accomplishments as the winner in the Championship Flight. There’s also a scramble team division for those who would rather play in a team format rather than individual play. The EWGA cares about member satisfaction, and its programs are designed to deliver.
3. Coast-to-coast networking and friendships. The EWGA offers an online membership directory that allows you to locate people in your line of business or where you’ll be traveling. When life calls for a safety net, members find there is no support system quite like the EWGA.
4. Benefits galore. The Association has sponsors such as American Airlines, Golf for Women magazine, Talbot’s, and many others. These sponsors and other member benefit providers offer all EWGA members discounts and more.
Visit the National website, www.ewga.com
, for information about the Association. For the current events and information about the Long Island Chapter, visit the website at www.ewgali.org
. You will find information about all our events, league registration forms and scheduling, clinic information and more.